Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Obsession with Glitter

I wanted to share with you how I became an addict of glittering. It all started when I stayed home from work sick ......I was flipping through the channels, and turned on Martha Stewart. The show featured Laurie Davis aka The Glitter Fairy. She was making a Wire Tree in a Glittered Urn. As soon as the show was over, I checked out her blog (the first time I had ever heard of such a thing), and was blown away by the talent that she had. She put glitter on everything you can imagine...from picture frames to artificial artichokes. Soon after, I found out that Laurie would be teaching her Tree class at Tinsel Trading in New York. It didn't take much to convince my incredible husband that we needed to take a trip to the Big Apple. Here are the pictures of my wonderful class. I made a friend for life with Laurie. Her patience and talent are immense. Thanks Laurie for being such an incredible person!!! Tommorrow I will tell you about the wonderful Holly of Holly Doodle Designs. She made me a crown that is so incredible you won't believe it!! I sure am proud of this!!
The Beautiful and talented Laurie!!
This was a small class, so we got a lot of
personalized attention from The Glitter Fairy!!
Come on Valarie, concentrate!!
I wish this was my tree, but it is one that Laurie made!!



No comments: