Sunday, August 30, 2009

Flea Market Finds

My sons and I went to the flea market this morning. It was a fun way to spend my Sunday. The boys went off on their own, and I was left to dig through the "old" stuff. I found these 2 vintage prints. They are framed, and the colors are really soft and beautiful. I think I will put them in my ETSY shop soon.
I also found this old Christmas tree topper. It was in the original box, so I was thrilled.

I think the box is as pretty as the topper!!
And last, but certainly not least this wonderful Christmas Candolier. I love these things, but they are kind of hard to find. I have spread the word to everyone I know that I would love to add them to my Christmas collection, and lucky me, I had someone who loves me pick one up for me at a yard sale. My sister, who normally doesn't frequent sales, has been keeping her eyes open for me, and she found one this weekend!! Thanks dear, I love you.
Well, I am working on some Halloween and Christmas Garlands.....I will post pictures when they are done. In the meantime, Have a lovely day.
xxoo - Valarie

11 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Oh what great finds! LOVE LOVE LOVE the tree topper!

LuLu~*xoxo

Draffin Bears said...

I love the vintage prints, what a lovely lot of treasures you got.

enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

Tammy said...

How fun! I am in love with your tree topper (and the box). I just inherited one from my Grandma and I can hardly wait to use it. Not sure if it will go on the tree or if I will just display it, oh the possibilities...

Best wishes,
Tammy

KarenHarveyCox said...

Looks like a successful trip, and your finds are lovely.

Karen

Rosemary said...

Hi Valarie,
Great finds! Love the tree topper, I have on almost just like it. I found mine at a flea market as well.
I am working on Halloween decorations today!!
Rosemary

Fete et Fleur said...

Hi Valarie!

I love, love, love that tree topper!!

Nancy

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. You have some lovely things over here. And your flea market finds are wonderful!!
M.L.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

terrific finds!
I love the tree topper - I've collected way more "toppers" than I'll ever have trees, so I've taken to wiring them upside down and hanging them like over-the-top ornaments!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Great finds!
Michelle

gabrieladelworth said...

Hello,


This stopper is a stunner!



~ Gabriela ~

Lydia said...

Hi Valarie,

I got a similar Currier and Ives print a few days ago:) I want to rint on fabric and make little doll pillows- embellished.

Have a gret day:) Lydia