Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Wedding Surprise

My sons GF, Jill is in a Wedding in December. Her best friend is getting married!! Jill is flying to Florida this weekend for the engagement party, and she wanted to make something special for her friend. She decided a framed collage would be fun to make. I LOVE the finished project. The background is a beautiful vintage wallpaper that is just gorgeous. The wedding colors are blue and white....so it is just perfect.
(Click the pictures for a fabulous close up)
Jill made a template of a wedding dress out of cardboard, and then layered on the most gorgeous ruffly satin and vintage lace. I love how she made the bodice out of lace, and the pearl necklace is fabulous!! Sweet velvet flowers add to the beauty on the dress.
She added fun vintage bells to the top of the frame!! Love it!!
This sweet little blue bird is holding onto the banner with the bride and grooms names on it!
Congratulations Jordan and Erinn......I hope this brings you as much joy as it did me while watching Jill make it.
Have a fabulous day.
xxoo Valarie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to remember such a memorable day!! You did a fantastic job on this piece!!

bee blessed
mary

Unknown said...

Hi Valerie. Jill did a great job on this. It's beautiful. I love the blue birds holding the banner. Every part of it's beautiful. I'm sure her friend was thrilled.

Hugs...Tracy :)

jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Hi Valarie,

I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing this sweet project. I would love to create dresses like this and frame them for my girls' room! Have a wonderful week.

Best wishes,
Tammy