Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Dinner

Happy Holidays Friends. I wanted to give you a quick update on my surgery, and share some pictures with you. I came through my surgery with flying colors...everything was fine. I ended up having my ovary removed, because the cyst was so large and had grown into the ovary. I am old, so one ovary is sufficient. I was told that I am still able to have a baby. HAHA...that made me laugh. The recovery has been harder than I anticipated....I thought I'd be up and around in a day or two, but that hasn't happened. I am hoping that tomorrow will be the day when I get up and get a few things done. I also had a small growth removed from my inner thigh.....It was causing me some pain, so they removed and biopsied it. I get the results in a few days, but the doctor thinks that and the cyst are both benign. Thank The Lord that my Family is so good to me. I get waited on like I'm the queen!! Please enjoy the pictures of my family taken a couple of days before my surgery. My sons GF Jenny is spending the Holidays in Vermont with her family, so we had a family dinner with her before she left!!
My baby Brad and his Girlfriend Jill. Her dress is gorgeous...the bottom is roses....click on the picture to see the fabulous detail!!
Dust and Jenny!! Jenny's dress is the most beautiful shade of purple and black. Lovely!!!
Brad and Jill doing their Toddlers and Tiaras impression for me. Brads is pretending to be a little angry, and Jill loves to ham it up!!!
Have a wonderful day,, and thanks for your well wishes.
xxoo Valarie

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Just sent you an email. I am very happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you are feeling better. I was wondering if you had gotten your stocking as yet. Please let me know when it does arrive.

Signs and Salvage said...

What a gorgeous family!!! Such beautiful smiles!! I haveenjoyed keeping up with you and your family on facebook...your sons crack me up!!

lots of Love,

Kristin
ps...hope you feel better this week!!!

Linda said...

Valarie, so glad you're on the road to recovery! take care of yourself and enjoy a peaceful holiday!

Something Special said...

I am so happy to hear that your surgery went well. I am happy for you that you will be able to enjoy Christmas with her family!

Andrea Singarella said...

so glad everything went ok, Valarie. I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope you're feeling better every day.
Keeping you in my thoughts....
Hugs,
andrea
p.s. beautiful and fun family pics!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Merry Merry Christmas! May your stocking be filled with blessings!

Hugs, Carrie

JoAnn S. said...

Valarie I am sending good vibes your way, Happy to see you got thru surgery ok. I had similar op fifteen years ago and have been ok since then.. glad you are feeling ok now, it takes a long time to get your strength back but it will come..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...sending love and hugs your way...JoAnn

Linda said...

I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and to thank you for participating in the Matchbox Swap! Linda