Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Easter Swap baskets.....

I am doing an Easter Swap with 3 close blogging friends. We haven't set a date, and don't really have any guidelines.....but I figured I'd get busy. I am going to make each girl a basket and then fill it with some hand made goodies! I started by painting my first basket a sweet soft pink. I added lots of crepe paper ruffles, and used this gorgeous vintage Italian green velvet ribbon to the handle and sides of the basket. I added this beautiful pink flower, and filled the basket with shredded book pages that I tea stained to looked aged. I still need to add some ribbons and vintage jewelry to it, but am loving the way it is looking.
I hope the girls like them.....I still need to paint 2 more baskets. I don't know if they will all be pink (it is my signature color) or if I will do a yellow and lavender one. Decisions, Decisions.
Have a lovely day.
xxoo Valarie

12 comments:

Signs and Salvage said...

~sigh~ GORGEOUS!!!

LOVE YA!!!!!

Kristin

BEST SWAP EVER!!!!!!!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Beautiful! Such a great idea to dress up a basket!

Something Special said...

I'm already swooning here! I can't wait for this one. Soooooo pretty! Can't wait to get this one figured out!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Valarie,
So pretty just the way it is!!! You have certainly got me in the Easter mood...
Best wishes,
Tammy

LuLu Kellogg said...

Valarie....you really are so talented and need to be teaching at some of these art events! I loved the peek at the basket.

We had such a ball at the Marie event and I wish you could have gone with us!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

vivian said...

what a fun swap! makes me want to host a little swap of my own! hmmmm... must thing about this!
love your basket!

Sandi McLean said...

How fun! Love the details... luck swap partners!

Anita said...

Hi Valare, Good to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

You are definitely a talent. The baskets are beautiful! Your friends will love them.

I am going to follow you so that I can be reminded to come back and visit again to see more of your crafts. In such a challenging world, it's nice to stop for a moment and look at something pretty. :)

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Valarie! That basket is so adorable ~ love it! I am your newest follower.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Valarie, your basket is so pretty! Love the pink rose on it too!

Melinda said...

Hi-- Wanted to stop in and say "Welcome to Country Dreaming."
It's great to have new followers.
Hope to see you soon!
Your basket is adorable--someone is going to be a lucky girl!


Have a great Friday!

Melinda

Shug said...

Hi Valerie...
I'm coming to you from over at Country Dreaming..
I love the basket. What a great idea and I just might have to give it a try myself..Can't wait to visit your blog again to see all your new designs..
Have a Blessed Day
shug