Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Swan Lake

Last weekend my son Dustin and I went to the thrift store...they had all of their record albums 5 for a dollar. Dustin frames the older albums, and uses them as artwork in his loft. I was so excited to find this wonderful Swan Lake book album. It's hard to see here, but the color is a beautiful green......I love the photos in the album, so Beautiful!
It tells the story of Swan Lake......even the text is beautiful.



I also found this silly album, and it brought back memories from my childhood. My parents loved Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass...they played his album all the time.
I thought the album cover was amazing.....I was probably 7 years old, and I dreamed of having a wedding dress made of Whipped Cream. I thought it would be the greatest....(when I showed my husband the album, and told him the story, he said he would have gone for the whipped cream dress at our wedding!! haha)... I spent the whopping .40 cents on the 2 albums, and love them both.
Have a lovely day.
xxoo Valarie

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I totally love the Herb Alpert album...I loved that one when I owned it!

Tristan Robin said...

OMG

my parents had the same album
it's the one with "a taste of honey" and the world's sleaziest sounding "love potion no. 9" LOL

I remember rolling my eyes when they put it on and running upstairs to put on Big Brother and the Holding Company LOL

LuLu Kellogg said...

My parents had the same album too!

Thank you so much for posting my Giveaway on your sidebar...you are such a sweetheart.

LuLu♥

Lori said...

hee hee Valarie...i just bet your hubby loved the idea of a whipped cream dress...LOL...so funny...i remember that album too

{oc cottage} said...

Oh! I am dying! My g-grandmother had that Herb Alpert album and we always thought it was sooooo nasty! My how things have changed! ;} I think I will
hop over to Playlist and listen to Tijuana Taxi! Thx for the memories!

m ^..^

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh- my parents had that record, too!! Lol! How funny. My sister and I used to make up dance routines to one of the songs on there.. I can't remember which one it was, but if I heard it, it would definitely bring those memories back!