Friday, May 14, 2010

We are Home!

We are home from the Hospital. Nick is resting, and taking it easy,, and I am getting caught up with all of the chores I let go. He ended up having 3 stints put in, for blockages. The Dr. said he is as good as new. I am so relieved. Thank you all for your prayers, and kind words..they certainly helped me more than you will ever know. Now, I need to go out and buy a healthy eating cookbook. You see, I don't cook. I used to cook, when my kids were young, but now we pretty much eat out every evening. Well, no more of that!! I am thinking that this will be a lifestyle change for both of us!! If you have any good recipes, I would love it if you would share.
Have a wonderful day, and hug someone you love!!
xxoo Valarie

9 comments:

jen said...

YAY so glad he is home and "good as new"!
Have fun in the kitchen :)

luvs and glitter
~jen

Lisa said...

WOW! SO glad you are home and he is recovering nicely!
Hugs, Lisa

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Valarie,

So happy to hear you are home. You have been in my thoughts all day. Take care of your man (and yourself)! Happy cooking!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Tristan Robin said...

So glad your news is good!

... and just for record - you can still eat out very healthily - after my father's heart attack, my mother thought she would start cooking again for him. It never happened. There are lots of books to get to show what you can do to make eating in restaurants a healthy way to live.

Again - happy to hear you're home and your husband is doing so well!

Rosemary said...

Yay Valarie!
So glad to hear everything is better.
Good luck with the cooking. I try to cook as healthy as possible.
You can go to natural, and healthy places, and some even have heart healthy on the menu.
Rosemary

Lori said...

Valarie, that is wonderful news that you are home!!! i am so happy to hear that!!!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Valarie,
I am so happy to hear he is recovering well. WOW! What a scary "wake up call". After you told me what happened I had a chat with my hubby about his health. Im trying hard to make sure he takes good care of himself.
WHEW! Cut back on your sugar, and fat. Lots of veggies, chicken and fish. :)
Happy Prayers are with you guys! XOXO,Jenn

Signs and Salvage said...

So happy to hear that your hubby is ok:) Maybe your healthy journey will inspire the rest of us!!!

God Bless,

Kristin

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad your husband is home and is doing well. You all have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he continues to get stronger every day!

LuLu♥