Thursday, June 24, 2010

Something Old, Something New

What a wonderful swap I was in this month. The Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue swap.....hosted by Linda at a Swap for all Seasons.My partner was the super talented Kelley of Teacup Mosaics. If you haven't seen her blog, drop by today and say Hi. You will be happy that you did. Just look at all of the wonderful goodies I received. (I didn't get pictures of the beautiful box all packed with rose petals, and beautiful shred. I was just too excited to open everything(!!

The sweetest tote bag with my blog logo on it. Is this adorable, or what?? I took it on vacation, and used it to tote my book to the beach. I LOVE it!!
We were supposed to include a vintage wedding photo. If you look closely, you will see that I am the Bride, My hubby is the groom, and other family members are in the wedding party. What wonders photo shop will do!! Kelley was afraid I would think it was creepy, but I loved it!! I put it on our piano with all of my other family photos, and am waiting for someone to notice!!
Something New?? This adorable little heart shaped box. I collect little boxes, and this is the perfect addition to add!!
Something Old, Something Blue?? Look at these amazing tea cups and saucers. They are beyond beautiful. The beautiful images on the china is fabulous. They will be displayed in my living room. Love Them!!
Kelley even painted the box that she sent them in gold!!! Wow, she didn't miss a single detail. She also sent a wonderful decorating book that she "borrowed" from her mom. I have it next to my bed, and am scouring it for ideas!!
Thank you so much Kelley, you cheered up my whole month, blogging friends are the best.
XXoo Valarie

4 comments:

Lori said...

Valarie, what a GREAT swap...i LOVE the bag that Kelley made for you...and that altered photo is an absolute HOOT!!! oh, that is just too funny, clever, and fabulous...not creepy at all...let us know when someone notices...i wonder how long it will take?

jen said...

Oh that wedding picture is the best!!! Look at all your goodies, that tote bag is fabulous! glad you are back!

luvs and glitter
~jen

Andrea said...

Ahh!So pretty! Hey, email me, you won my 20.00 gift certificate giveaway !
vintagepaperbella@gmail.com

Something Special said...

Hi Valarie, Yep California trips are great. My husband and i love to go to San Diego. Thanks for joining our little swap. With all that glittering you love to do this should be perfect for you.