Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Okay, I realize that I will never look like this, but a girls gotta have a goal.I am the poster girl for yoyo dieting. I have tried it all. A few years ago I did an all liquid diet. I drank 5 protein shakes a day for 5 months. I lost a lot of weight, and a lot of my hair. I did Slim 4 Life 3 years ago, spent several thousand dollars on their food and pills, I lost 60 pounds in 19 weeks, and gained back 65. I decided to have a go at it again. I hate being overweight. I want to look like I feel, so I am trying again. This time tho, I am making it a Lifestyle change. I just committed to lose 50 pounds on the biggest loser website. For every pound I lose, they will donate food to a local food bank. I think that is a win, win!!! I have a personal trainer that I see 3 times a week, a son who has a degree in Health and Exercise Science, a Husband who supports me, and works out with me, and a desire to make a change. I will try not to bore you with all of my daily details, but I'm hoping that by sharing this, it is going to help me be more accountable. Oh, and the picture of Jillian Michael's goes along with the DVD of hers that I just bought on Amazon. Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.....I saw it on Jessi's blog, and I'm hoping to do it a couple times a week. I'm sure if you've visited Jessi's blog, you know how great she looks. So, a girl can only hope.
Have a lovely day,
xxoo Valarie

5 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Good luck to you girlie, you can do it!! We've all been there and back again. I posted Valerie Bertinelli's new bikini pic on my fridge for inspiration, yes I know she was probably airbrushed, but she did look great after her weight loss, so whatever inspires you, go for it!! You can do it!!
♥ Teresa

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

the shred will KICK YOUR ASS!! lol i did it twice... thats it, i'm done!!

check out my weight loss blog... http://phatbottomedgirl.blogspot.com

to read about my journey and luck with weight loss!!

vivian said...

I'm with ya! we can support each other. I didnt go to weight watchers this week because of the weather, but I think I've lost a total of 34 pounds. I still want to lose another 38 and my goal is to do so by June. so we can encourage each other! I try not to ever use the word diet, because this is not temporary. it is a lifestyle change.. and I will have to do this forever. but Ive found that I really like living this way. and Ive had a great time trying new foods and eating healthy and then the actual weight loss part has a been a blast!
good luck.. I know you can do it.
hugs
vivian

Georgia Peachez said...

I love Jillian's 30 day Shred. Anyone can hang in there for 20 minutes and I usually burn about 250 calories every time according to my heart rate monitor. That's damn good for only 20 minutes! I recommend her book "Mastering your Metabolism" too. Very motivating. xo, suzy

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie, first off let me just say that you have a lovely blog. I am new to blogging and am having so much fun! I also wanted to say that if you eat clean (check out Tosca Reno) and exercise, you will develop a lifestyle change that will last a lifetime. Just keep moving, that's the key. I also like Tony Horton's P90X workouts. KILLER!! Good luck girl, you can do it!